There is a term we use in insurance called "utmost good faith." In a nutshell when you buy an insurance policy your insurer relies upon the facts that you give them when they decide whether or not to accept or reject the risk. Misrepresentation and blatant lies not only affect your coverage but everyone else's as well. The insurer also has a legal obligation to disclose all information which would influence any decision for you to enter into the contract. Utmost good faith that applies to both the parties - both are legally held to a superior standard of honesty.
You may be wondering where I am going with this and here it is. I (knowing myself as I do) would never mislead a person or fail to disclose a pertinent fact that may influence how they think or feel about me - even at the expense of hurting that person. Selfishly, most people might attempt to misrepresent the facts for their own personal gain or purpose. They may even think that they are getting away with it and, for awhile, they might. Eventually it will backfire and they will be the one left with nothing. Just a simple (yet sometimes scary) act of telling the truth could have avoided it all.
So when I am confused I rest assured knowing this fact: the truth always comes out in the end. Truth will set you free.


There's only one SURE place to put your trust . . . and you know where that is!
ReplyDelete